Monday, July 17, 2006

My sister tells me that Astrid and Muirgen like to sit in their boat (a ski tube) and sail across the ocean to visit Auntie Jill in Ukraine, after stopping in France for a visit with Vincent, their boarder. They also apparently talk about how when they can't see the moon it's because it has gone to the other side of the world to visit Auntie Jill and the kids at her orphanage. I thought that was beautiful.
And often over the last 11 months or so, when I see the sun setting, I think about how it is travelling west - towards home, towards my family and my friends - and how it is shining for them, and in about 7 hours it will be setting for them there too. And I wonder if the sky, when the sun sets, will be as beautiful there as it was for me here.
Soon I too will be travelling west, home again. Just like the sun.
There's a good Cure song that I keep thinking of as I think of saying goodbye to Ukraine and all the people here, but I don't have the words and cannot put them here. Maybe next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home