Wednesday, September 06, 2006

I didn't get that job as aupair in Burlington. I'm partly disappointed, partly relieved, and partly indifferent. Disappointed because I liked the family, and the job sounded sweet too - just what I was looking for. Not getting that job also means that I have to continue looking for something else. Relieved because now I don't need to move to Bulington - something I was ready to do, but not entirely ready. I wasn't too fond of the thought of not being able to be around at home every single weekend - I still like my friends, and KWCF, and I don't know anyone in Burlington. Indifferent because we prayed about it before the interview, so I am confident that it wasn't where I was supposed to be, and that God has something else out there for me which will probably be better for me anyways. So I will resume my search for a job as a nanny/aupair/mother's helper/whatever you want to call it, and maybe I can even find something in the KW area. If anyone knows of someone out there looking for one...

I always use natural toothpaste (usually Tom's of Maine) and have done so for the last number of years. The other night I brushed my teeth with regular toothpaste - perhaps Crest, or maybe Colgate. It tasted like I was brushing my teeth with sugary candy, and when I was finished, it felt like I needed to brush my teeth.

3 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

I'm with you on the toothpaste.

Good luck with the job search.

9/07/2006  
Blogger sqsus said...

I love that picture of your eyes.
I prayed, too, that God would close the door, if that was not where He wanted you to be. Rest assured, that He has a place in mind. As I've said to Quentin before, God hasn't left us high and dry yet, so He'll certainly work things out, somehow.

9/13/2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jill, as I was reading your blog, what came to mind was "why don't you take some courses, get more education"? With your experience in missions, and your intelligence...there is so much out there in this world for you to offer! Going back to school would provide alot of future opportunities to serve the Lord! This is the "Career Coach" in me coming through!! See my website: www.coachforgrowthonline.com
I meet many young people that are struggling with career and job choices, and many times those are limited by lack of education, so in my opinion, that's the first place to seek God's direction for your life....you would be amazed with the "doors" that open from there. Anita

9/14/2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home