Monday, September 18, 2006

While I'm not a very agressive job-seeker, I sometimes feel anxious about not having work yet, after being back now for more than 7 weeks already. I don't mind it so much, this not-having-a-job, but I'm consious of others, of not doing something 'acceptable' in their eyes. I'm sure that if I were willing, and had been attempting, to take any old job, I could have some kind of work by now - but I want to do something that I want to do. Something that I think I would enjoy, something that I could see myself sticking to for the next number of years if it goes well and I don't decide to change directions. It's not that I'm doing nothing, I am pursuing some leads, have been in contact with some families, have sent out some resumes, and am waiting to hear back from some people.
I'm working a lot lately on trusting God and believing that He has something good for me. That He will open and close the necessary doors.
I'm also working on making the most of this time, when I have no work, or school, or boyfriend, or husband, or chilren, or such, with which to occupy my time. And I've been finding things to do. Things I like to do. Things like...
listening to music, baking cookies, listening to the rain, working on my scrapbook of the past year, drinking tea, spending time with my friends, being with my family, reading good books, shopping with my sister, playing with her kids, buring insence, thinking about stuff...

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jill,
It's Kathy Siebert here. While I know you've been home for awhile now I thought I'd just let ya know how much I've enjoyed reading your blog and staying connected to your experiences in the Ukraine.

You are a terrific writer.

As for jobs, don't sweat it. Life's too short and you'll be working forever once you start.

On that note however, I may have something you'd be interested in. My email is katherine@edeva.ca.

Here's to the adventures of life.

9/18/2006  
Blogger Rachel said...

Have you been sewing at all? It's something you're amazing at.

I'm glad you seem to be enjoying this time of your life with no commitments. I'm glad you're able to do that - just enjoy where you're at.

9/18/2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I haven't sewn much, besides a bit of mending. Oh, and I also made a blanket for Becca's baby, but that's it.

9/19/2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel silly that I just looked at this now after not looking since Thailand. I read everything to date and thought I'd say hello! I like the fall and I just walked home from school with so many crunchy leaves to push with my feet. I am only taking three classes but it feels like lots. I like the things you like to do. I like those things too. have a good thanksgiving! xxoo

10/04/2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home