Saturday, December 11, 2010

The cold of the night seeps into my room through the floor. It's hiding under the carpet, perhaps some cement. But I can feel it when I sit on the floor. So I sit on a folded blanket.

I love having freshly washed flannel on my bed. It's surprising I don't do it more often. But washing the bedding is such a hassle that I don't do it as frequently as I probably should. Are there rules about such things? I especially hate having to make a bed from scratch.

Lately I've been longing for a house, or at least an apartment, to call my own. I want to fill it with pretty things and acquire lovely furniture and create a space I love. More than just one bedroom. I want a kitchen of my own, in which I can bake and cook delicious goodness. A kitchen with open shelves of pretty dishes and jars of spices and other dry things and flowers in a jar on the table. Oh sigh. Someday. After I graduate and have some money and no longer have to move a lot. I am already tired of being transient and of living in other people's houses.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Olvie said...

Mhm.
I love that.
It's a secret desire I possess as well.
But my passion for missions calls me to leave my domestic self, and my dream to reside in a lovely cottage home by the lake, with pretty jars of collected shells & pebbles, and perhaps pots of gerbers and leafy greens.
I shall be a pack-rat one day. Live in wood shacks from day to day, or someone's guest room.
but you know,
many are the plans in the mind of a man, but it is the Lord's purpose that will stand. -prov 19:21
We plan.
oh, do we plan.

12/12/2010  
Blogger Rachel said...

I always had that dream, too, although it came true for me at such an early age, that I now wish it had taken a bit longer and I had had some other experiences first. But, that being said, I greatly relish my own home and living in it and setting it up to suit me. I especially love coming home after being away and walking into my house and sighing contentedly and thinking "I LOVE my home. I love BEING home."
And I love that I get to share my home with you again for a bit while you are on the path that will one day lead you to your own home.

12/15/2010  
Blogger semestaw said...

hmmm ... very interesting. That's good.

12/25/2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home