Tuesday, October 31, 2006

I can no longer call myself unemployed. Tomorrow I work my first shift at Equitable Life of Canada. I'm a bit sad that this in-between stage of mine has now come to an end. I know that it's lasted for maybe a bit longer than necessary, but it was so nice to have my days free to do whatever I wish. I think it's good sometimes to take a bit of time in between things without rushing ahead to whatever's next. Time to think. To collect yourself. To breathe. To look ahead, but also to remember. But it's good to have finally found something. And I feel content in this, and no nervousness about my first day, which is nice. It's neat to see God work - he is so faithful and his timing is perfect. This job's not exactly what I was hoping for, but it is something, and I think it will be good for me.

Tonight my dad happened to be walking down the hall at just the right moment to see two girls stealing a pretty little 'welcome' mosaic dealy right off of our front porch. He opened the door as they were making their escape down the driveway, and when he asked them what was going on, they returned it and said, "just a trick or treat", or something along those lines. The nerve of some people's kids these days!

I don't like when cereal boxes go back in the cupboard with just a tiny bit left in them.

I am drawn to pretty little snowflake things.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to go, Jill! What exactly does Equitable Life of Canada do? It sounds important:). Hope your orientation to the new job goes well and my email back is coming soon.
~Katie

11/06/2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the Equtiable Life Insurance Company of Canada is an insurance company. That was redundant! I work in the policy issue (new business) department, where we receive new applications for life insurance. I never thought I'd be working in an office, yet here I am...
I'll be watching for your email Katie, and I hope your job search soon bears fruit for you.

11/09/2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to go Jill! Glad to hear you found a job! I remember when Melanie started her first job at Clarica, and worked in the Group Insurance department. She actually enjoyed it, and the girls she worked with were really nice.
You will do great!

11/13/2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home